Curriculum-Based Telecollaboration and Teleresearch Projects
Users, please be advised: The following information was developed in the early 1990's, and many newer, research-based teaching techniques have been developed in recent years that make some of these methods obsolete. Also, many of the links that this section refers to may have been discontinued or also lead to outdated materials and methodologies. The information in this portion of the Grant Wood AEA Web site is no longer being maintained or updated.
Educational Telecomputing Activities in GopherSpace
- CICNet K-12 on the Internet
Choose: Other CICNet Projects and Gopher Servers, then K-12,
then Classroom Activities and Projects
- Internet resources for K-12 teachers and students, including
sites (gopher, WWW, Telnet, FTP, lists), library catalogs, classroom
activities and projects, and more. Developed by a doctoral student
as a dissertation project.
- Eisenhower National Clearinghouse
- "The Eisenhower National Clearinghouse Curriculum Resources
Catalog represents a comprehensive, multi-media collection of
materials and programs for K-12 mathematics and science education."
- INSPIRE Gopher
- "The INSPIRE gopher (INnovative SPI Resources for Educators)
is provided as a service of the Office of Superintendent of Public
Instruction [of Washington State] to assist K-12 educators in
locating useful resources on the Internet." An excellent
collection of network Acceptable Use Policies is included.
- International Society
for Technology in Education (ISTE) Choose: Institutes, Projects,
and Centers, then International Society for Technology in Education
- Well-organized collection of resources related to ISTE publications
and eventsm including "Educational Technology News,"
"Distance Education," "School-Home Connections,"
"Ed. Technology Conferences," and "ISTE Special
- Learning Resources Server
- Excellent collection of K-12 educational materials offered
by Jim Levin, Michael Waugh, and their students at the University
- Ralphe Bunche School
- Student-run Gopher from a "school within a school"
in Harlem, New York City. Much student work online, including
newspaper stories, "Shadows Science" projects, and
- University of Massachussets'
K12 Gopher Choose: UMass K-12 Guest Gopher, then Telecommunications
- Huge, well-organized collection of resources usable by K-12
students and teachers, including language arts, social studies,
science, news, fine arts, Internet resource, conference, grant,
legislation, and telecommunications projects information.