Grant Wood AEA Staff Distribution Center Update
The Staff Distribution Center is now open and located in the 6th Street Conference Center.
The Staff Distribution Center resumed service to clients on Monday July 28, 2008.
To access materials:
Materials may be accessed in the following ways:
Instructions for picking up materials:
Staff accessing the 6th Street facility must enter through the front door.
- For Noon or later pick up - requests must be received by 11:00 a.m.
- For 3:00 or later pick up - requests must be received by 2:00 p.m.
Instructions for returning materials:
Materials may be returned to the 6th Street facility any time between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or via GWAEA van.
- Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Contact staff in the SDC at (319) 399-6568.
How the collections were cared for:
Staff followed guidelines provided by Service Master, the company employed to restore and clean the Grant Wood AEA building.
- All materials were boxed and moved to the Conference Center immediately following the flood.
- When the boxes were opened, staff used a special vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter to clean the top of the box.
- The top of each box was then wiped down with a sanitizing solution.
- As materials were taken out of the boxes, each package was cleaned with a sanitizing solution prior to being placed on the shelf. Materials that were not in a bag were cleaned and shelved.