R = Renewal credit is credit offered through the Board of Educational Examiners approved licensure renewal programs for the purpose of renewing an educational license, certificate or authorization. Satisfactory completion of the course requirements and full attendance in the course is required.
SA = Grant Wood AEA is approved to provide coursework leading to a Substitute Authorization.
P = Grant Wood AEA is an approved provider for Paraeducator Generalist (Level I) certification.
PR = Courses available for paraeducator certificate renewal through the Grant Wood AEA license renewal program.
D, M = Graduate credit is college credit offered through Grant Wood AEA and their collaborative relationship with Drake University (D) or Morningside College (M). Generally this type of graduate credit is accepted for district salary schedule advancement. It is advisable to check with your district and higher education institution to determine if the type of credit you have requested meets your specific needs.
Special Message Regarding Graduate Credit:
Effective July 1, 2015
Courses completed for graduate credit through Grant Wood AEA may be used in the following ways:
Graduate credit rules are as follows:
- Renewal of BOEE licenses per BOEE licensure requirements
- Advancement on local salary schedules per your employment contract
- Elective credits toward graduate degree programs with graduate program approval
- In additional to license renewal, and/or salary advancement, courses designated Drake EDMA (Educational Masters) may be transferred into one or more Drake University School of Education graduate programs (with advisor approval).
- Courses designated Drake EDEX (Educational Extension) may be applicable towards recertification or salary advancement. Refer to your state or local guidelines. These courses are not transferable into degree programs. This credit type will not be offered after July 1, 2015.
- Courses offered for Drake graduate credit after July 1, 2015, will only be available as Drake EDMA credit.
- Drake EDMA and Morningside courses will include a minimum of 15 instructor-led hours per credit plus designated course related activities to equal a total of 45 hours per credit. These requirements meet the Higher learning Commission and Federal Government requirements for degree level courses.
For additional information:
Sherry Sines, professional Development Coordinator 319-399-6517, email@example.com
Terry Thorpe, Agency Curriculum Director, Drake Extension Education 515-271-3976, firstname.lastname@example.org
Morningside College 712-274-5375
CDA= Grant Wood AEA is approved to provide coursework leading to a Child Development Associate.
Credit type can be changed for a $10 fee prior to the last class meeting date. Credit changes to graduate credit must be requested on the next business day after the first day of class. Once a class is completed and grades are submitted to the Professional Development office, credit options and grades can not be changed! Drake and Morningside policies do not allow for change of credit type. Therefore, make sure you have registered for the appropriate credit to meet your intended purpose. Credit changes must be made directly with the Professional Development Office.
If you have questions, please contact Sherry Sines at GWAEA, Professional Development Office.
Instructors have two weeks to submit grades after the final class date or assignment due date, whichever is later. Grades will be posted within five business days after they are received. Transcripts may be requested after grades are recorded. Please consider these timelines as you plan for license renewal.