To ensure success for all learners.
Grant Wood Area Education Agency is committed to unlocking the potential of each and every learner. We exhibit flexibility, openness, and an unyielding pursuit of innovation. We strive to seamlessly integrate a multitude of services and resources made available to children, families, and educational professionals.
The agency is built on a foundation of strong, supportive relationships and the provision of comprehensive, high-impact solutions that meet the unique needs of its clients. We are an organization that actively aspires to influence the larger system in which we work.
Toward this end, we will:
- Maintain strong client relationships, characterized by openness, shared learning, and trust.
- Provide integrated solutions to sets of client problems.
- Assist our schools/clients in defining their unique sets of problems in holistic ways.
- Operate through judicious and efficient use of educational resources in the service areas.
- Support the Iowa Department of Education in deployment of critical initiatives.
- Actively recognize the value of its employees and assure that they have the materials, equipment, and support to contribute their gifts and expertise to do their work well.
- Provide a positive impact on all students across multiple areas of need.
- Individuals are unique and learn differently.
- Individuals deserve to work and learn in respectful and nurturing environments.
- Individuals value what they help to create.
- The diversity of our people and our ideas lends strength to our organization and our services.
- Partnerships and teamwork result in best services.
- The individual child benefits when the family is a partner in his/her education.
- Continuous learning is critical to the quality of all we do.
- Visionary leadership is essential to the realization of human and organizational potential.
- All individuals deserve the opportunity and support necessary to achieve their highest potential.
- Our way of life depends on our investment of time and attention to every child in our midst.
- Increase the academic performance of all students.
- Increase the percentage of students who perform at the proficient level.
- Increase student acquisition and application of 21st century skills and knowledge.
Our Strategic Priorities
- Develop and use data systems that will measure the impact of decisions and actions.
- Utilize resources efficiently and effectively.
- Advance learning, innovation, and creativity.
- Develop integrated, customized solutions.
- Implement effective service delivery.