Reports to: Chief Administrator
Plans, coordinates and supports the activities of the Board of Directors and assists the Chief Administrator in this capacity. Assumes the responsibility of conducting the internal business of the Board. Provides administrative support to the Board and Chief Administrator.
- Six years of administrative support/executive secretarial experience.
- Post-secondary education/training in business, administrative support or related field OR related work experience involving Board proceedings and official actions.
- Advanced technology skills.
- Preserves and maintains the records and documents pertaining to the business of the Board.
- Provides administrative assistance to Chief Administrator, including but not limited to, business tasks, correspondence, research and coordination of information.
- Prepares the agenda for meetings of the Board, upon consultation with the President and Chief Administrator.
- Attends regular and special meetings of the Board and keeps complete minutes of all meetings, including closed sessions, and performs follow-up activities.
- Initiates, coordinates and records regular and special elections.
- Signs warrants drawn on the Agency funds after Board approval.
- Files required reports with the Iowa Department of Education.
- Coordinates, attends and records Area 10 administrator meetings/workshops.
- Participates in projects, committees or activities to support the mission of the Agency.
- Participates in staff development and professional growth activities.
- Develops, maintains and processes records and documentation in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Maintains and coordinates Board policies.
- Coordinates the Board’s annual self-evaluation.
- Represents the Board and/or Chief Administrator through liaisons with other agencies/ organizations in the state.
- Coordinates and attends special events.
Treats sensitive information with discretion and handles confidential information in an appropriate manner.
Provides administrative support for assigned Agency initiatives, operations and/or projects.
- Occasional overnight travel to support Board and/or Agency activities.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrated evidence of highly developed organizational skills and initiative.
- Ability to work independently, develop and implement work systems, and maintain high level of initiative.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and problem solve with individuals, groups and teams.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and respond to the changing needs of clients and the Agency.
Ability to respond effectively to various publics.
Demonstrated skill in grammar/writing and keyboarding skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents, write reports and correspondence, and apply appropriate mathematical concepts.
Ability to use and integrate technology appropriately in daily work which includes, but is not limited to, efficient operation of telephone and voice mail systems and application of computer skills to effectively use e-mail, internet and Windows applications.
- Normal, routine levels of bending, carrying, lifting, climbing, reaching, sitting, standing, and walking.
- Ability to travel statewide and out of state for Board and Agency activities.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to operate all equipment needed to complete job responsibilities.