Creative Services Supervisor
Reports to: Program/Services Administrator
Leads, manages and oversees design and printing services and supports day-to-day operations associated with media/library resources to help ensure success for all learners. Promotes, organizes and facilitates the use of Agency resources within the school setting. Develops and monitors departmental budget activities and coordinates workflows to ensure quality, on-time client services. Manages, supervises and evaluates designated staff.
- BA degree in graphic design or related area.
- Five years of experience in a design environment serving multiple external or internal clients or related work experience in marketing or communications.
- Oversees the planning, managing, marketing and delivery of creative design resources and services.
- Develops, coordinates and evaluates a full continuum of design services in response to best practices and changing client needs.
- Monitors the quality control of materials produced and circulated for users.
- Ensures creative and consistent product images that adhere to and support internal and client brands, visual identity, legal guidelines, and messaging.
- Supports and maintains effective team functioning through collegial problem solving and coaching.
- Plans, develops and monitors the program budget, in conjunction with the Programs/Services Administrator.
- Manages, supervises and evaluates effectiveness of designated staff.
- Participates in projects, committees or activities to support the Agency’s mission, goals and priorities.
- Demonstrates self-discipline and initiative to produce high-quality, organized and dependable results
- Pursues professional growth opportunities and relationships to keep current with and influence educational directions.
- Promotes a learning environment and assists staff in accessing necessary resources for individual professional growth goals
- Develops and maintains effective team functioning through collegial problem solving and coaching.
- Assures equitable distribution of Agency services.
Conveys a positive and professional image to staff and public.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships.
2. Ability to function effectively as a team member and collaborative problem solver.
Ability and willingness to be flexible and respond to the changing needs of clients and the Agency.
Ability to apply and integrate technical knowledge, techniques and expertise into a manner that facilitates positive change and continuous improvement.
Customer-oriented communication skills.
Ability to develop both long and short-term plans and manage resources accordingly.
7. Effective problem-solving skills and budget management.
8. Ability to effectively monitor, evaluate, lead and develop staff.
9. Progressive and visionary in responding to current trends and issues in design services.
10. Ability to read and interpret documents, write reports and correspondence, and apply appropriate mathematical concepts.
Ability to use and integrate technology appropriately in daily work which includes, but is not limited to, efficient operation of telephone and voice mail systems and application of basic computer skills to effectively use e-mail, internet and word processing.
- Ability to travel between schools/sites served.
- Normal, routine levels of activity related to bending, carrying, climbing, hearing, lifting, reaching, sitting, standing, vision and walking, and may also involve above-average levels of activity at times that can’t always be anticipated.