Lead Application Developer
Reports to: Management Designee in Assigned Dept.
Date: November 2009
Provides design, development, coordination and implementation of computer applications and data systems to meet the needs of clients. Supports clients in understanding and using applications and data systems.
- Bachelorís degree in computer science, or an equivalent combination of coursework/programming experiences including certification in computer programming or demonstrated experiences with contemporary data base programs.
- Five years experience working with computer-related activities.
- Knowledge and experience with school administrative business practices and computer applications.
- Leads and coordinates design, creation, planning and implementation of major application systems and enhancements and other programming projects.
- Delegates tasks to other team members and monitors projects for quality, accuracy and uniformity.
- Analyzes user needs and develops computer application and data system solutions.
- Researches, designs, codes and tests programming for Agency and client applications.
- Sets operational specifications and formulates and analyzes software requirements.
- Maintains communication and serves as liaison between clients and program team members.
- Evaluates administrative and other support applications and recommends and/or develops new applications or enhancements as appropriate.
- Participates in projects, committees or activities to support the Agencyís mission, goals and priorities.
- Demonstrates self-discipline and initiative to produce high-quality, organized and dependable results.
- Conveys a positive and professional image to staff and public.
- Handles information in a confidential manner in accordance with established policies and legal requirements (FERPA, HIPAA, etc).
- Maintains knowledge of standard languages, coding methods and operations requirements.
- Pursues professional growth opportunities and relationships to keep current with and influence educational directions.
- Follows policies, procedures, standards and rules of the Agency and industry.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with others and independently as appropriate.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and respond to the changing needs of clients and the Agency.
- Advanced technical knowledge of programming languages, coding methods and operations requirements
- Ability to apply and integrate technical knowledge, techniques and expertise into an effective style of customer service.
- Effective coaching, consulting and facilitation skills.
- Ability to organize, interpret and use data to make educationally sound decisions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write reports and correspondence, and apply appropriate mathematical concepts.
- Ability to design and conduct on-going professional development activities.
- Ability to prioritize and collaboratively problem solve with individuals, groups and teams in an effective manner.
- Ability to coordinate and manage projects creatively and collaboratively
- Progressive and visionary in responding to client needs.
- Ability to travel between client sites served.
- Normal, routine levels of activity related to bending, carrying, climbing, hearing, lifting, reaching, sitting, standing, vision and walking, and may also involve above-average levels of activity at times that canít always be anticipated.