Reports to: Media Center Supervisor
Region or Department: Media/Technology
Classification: Classified, 3
Provides access to educational materials for educators.
- High school graduate
- Previous computer experience
- Performs a variety of technical library assignments involved in the organization and dissemination of educational materials using related library tools and established methods and procedures.
- Provides customer service by phone, in person or electronically.
- Assists and supports clients using a variety of databases.
- Develops and maintains proper and adequate records and documentation in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Participates in projects, committees or activities to support the mission of the program, unit and Agency.
- Participates in staff development and professional growth activities.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to staff and public.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to function within and meet designated timelines.
- Ability to work with appropriate liaison concerning operations of the program.
- Ability to organize materials alphabetically and numerically and accurately categorize, record and file information.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write reports and correspondence, and apply appropriate mathematical concepts.
- Normal, routine levels of activity related to bending, carrying, climbing, hearing, lifting, reaching, sitting, standing, vision and walking, and may also involve above-average levels of activity at times that can not always be anticipated.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to operate office equipment needed to complete responsibilities including, but not limited to, computers, copy machines, typewriters, telephones.