Reports to: Media Center Supervisor
Date: April 2013
Partners with educators, families and communities to provide effective learning environments that will ensure success for all learners. Serves in a consultant/promoter/trainer role to provide services that are customer focused and based on district needs. Provides leadership and assistance related to digital literacy to promote the utilization and integration of Agency online resources.
- Bachelorís degree in educational media or related field.
- Supports total school/community efforts to create a positive learning environment for students/children.
- Serves as liaison among AEA, district building(s), families and community and collaborates with various teams to assure positive outcomes for all learners.
- Models, implements and assesses strategies related to learning, social, emotional and behavioral needs to enhance educational programming for all learners.
- Adheres to and communicates copyright as well as other laws and guidelines pertaining to the distribution and ethical use of online resources.
- Integrates research into the design of best practices.
- Consults with teachers and administrators regarding best practices for classroom and building educational programs.
- Follows policies, procedures, standards and rules in accordance with national and state laws, the Iowa Dept of Education and GWAEA, which includes, but is not limited to, developing and maintaining proper and adequate records and documentation.
- Assists in the planning, development and implementation of online resources to support the teaching/learning process.
- Provides leadership in the area of online resources.
- Provides guidance for the identification, examination, development, evaluation, and promotion of online resources.
- Provides training, consultation, and assistance in practices, strategies and content related to online resources.
- Models the use of online resources by providing strategies and advises LEA and AEA staff.
- Participates in projects, committees or activities to support the Agencyís mission, goals and priorities.
- Demonstrates self-discipline and initiative to produce high-quality, organized and dependable results.
- Conveys a positive and professional image to staff and public.
- Handles information in a confidential manner in accordance with established policies and legal requirements (FERPA, HIPAA, etc).
- Pursues professional growth opportunities and relationships to keep current with and influence educational directions.
- Consults with other discipline areas to provide leadership in the use of online resources to enhance learning.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with others and independently as appropriate.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and respond to the changing needs of clients and the Agency.
- Ability to integrate educational theory, research and expertise into appropriate practices for local contexts, in a service style that facilitates positive change and continuous improvement.
- Effective presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Ability to use data to make educationally sound decisions.
- Knowledge of best practices in curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Knowledge of applicable rules and laws that govern educational decisions.
- Collaborative problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write reports and correspondence, and apply appropriate mathematical concepts.
- Ability to use and integrate technology appropriately in daily work which includes, but is not limited to, efficient operation of telephone and voice mail systems and application of basic computer skills to effectively use e-mail, internet and word processing.
- Ability to travel between schools/sites served.
- Normal, routine levels of activity related to bending, climbing, hearing, reaching, sitting, standing, vision and walking, and may also involve above-average levels of activity at times that canít always be anticipated.