Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Date: May 2015
Performs all aspects of network administration at Grant Wood AEA, including support for client schools/organizations using Agency network services. Installs, configures and monitors area networks and Internet system, supports network availability to all system users, provides leadership in assessing and addressing needs for network infrastructure and plans, coordinates and implements network security measures.
- Bachelorís degree in computer science, or an equivalent combination of coursework/network certification/network administration experience.
- Five years experience with network administration.
- Knowledge and experience with school administrative business practices and computer applications.
- Performs network administration (including backup, security management, active directory, user account management and e-mail system management).
- Plans, implements, and supports the network infrastructure, which includes installation, configuration and support of Agencyís local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) and Internet system.
- Manages, maintains and supports server and network hardware and software.
- Monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and performs necessary maintenance to support network availability (including troubleshooting networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties; identifying utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations; establishing and performing maintenance programs following company and vendor standards; anticipating communication and networking problems and implementing preventive measures).
- Plans, coordinates and implements network security measures.
- Investigates, recommends and installs enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
- Evaluates and/or recommends purchases of servers, network hardware and software and service agreements
- Participates in projects, committees or activities to support the Agency’s mission, goals and priorities.
- Demonstrates self-discipline and initiative to produce high-quality, organized and dependable results.
- Conveys a positive and professional image to staff and public.
- Assists with Technology Support Team services as needed.
- Supports application development for Agency systems.
- Maintains communication and liaison between clients and staff.
- Assists with technology planning through ongoing research.
- Assists with keeping disaster recovery plan and procedures current and tested.
- Conducts in-service programs for clients as necessary.
- Follows policies, procedures, standards and rules of the Agency and industry.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with others and independently as appropriate.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and respond to the changing needs of clients and the Agency.
- Ability to organize, interpret and use data to make sound decisions.
- Ability to apply and integrate technical knowledge, techniques and expertise into an effective style of service.
- Ability to apply and implement an appropriate attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write reports and correspondence, and apply appropriate mathematical concepts.
- Ability to travel between client sites served.
- Normal, routine levels of activity related to bending, carrying, climbing, hearing, lifting, reaching, sitting, standing, vision and walking, and may also involve above-average levels of activity at times that canít always be anticipated.