Reports to: Management Designee in Assigned Dept
Region or Department: Technology Center
Provides skillful and imaginative programming for computer applications to meet the needs of internal and external clients.
- Bachelorís degree in computer science, certification in computer programming, or equivalent combination of coursework/programming experiences.
- Analyzes program specifications for completeness and conformance to standards.
- Designs program logic to meet specifications that adhere to prescribed standards.
- Codes programs in authorized languages.
- Thoroughly tests coded programs to ensure specifications are met.
- Participates in projects, committee or activities to support the mission of the program, unit and Agency
- Participates in staff development and professional growth activities.
- Maintains current knowledge of standard languages, coding methods and operations requirements.
- Defines requirements for improving or replacing systems.
- Documents programs according to installation standards.
- Prepares specifications for systems improvements.
- Develops systems testing and conversion plans.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with others.
- Strong technical knowledge of standard programming languages, coding methods and operations requirements.
- Knowledge of relational database applications..
- Ability to apply and integrate technical knowledge, techniques and expertise into an effective style of service.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to staff and public.
- Ability to apply and implement appropriate attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and apply appropriate mathematical concepts
- Normal, routine levels of mobility.
- Ability to travel to client sites.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to perform the required skills including, but not limited to, the operation of computers, keyboards and mouse, telephones, etc.