Technology Systems Technician
Reports to: Technology Support Supervisor
Region or Department:
Classification: Classified, 8
Provides direct technical support and assistance to AEA clients and staff with software, hardware, and equipment that is supported by the GWAEA Media & Technology Center.
- Two year computer technician degree or high school diploma and two years of experience in computer technology support.
- A+ certification within one year of employment.
- Experience with multiple computer platforms.
- Current valid driver’s license.
- Sets up new Agency computer equipment and peripherals.
- Provides support and maintenance to Agency hardware.
- Troubleshoots computer software, hardware and peripheral problems.
- Performs software, hardware and peripheral installations and upgrades on Agency computers.
- Provides assistance to AEA staff and clients on supported computer software, hardware and peripherals.
- Provides input on technology issues.
- Provides advanced support to audio/video area.
- Develops and maintains proper and adequate records and documentation in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Provides technical support to Agency sponsored conferences and events.
- Participates in projects, committees or activities to support the mission of the program, unit and Agency.
- Participates in staff development and professional growth activities.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge for problem solving.
- Ability to be flexible in meeting the needs of clients.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write reports and correspondence, and apply appropriate mathematical concepts.
- Ability to travel between schools/sites served.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds for frequent transportation of materials/equipment.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to operate all equipment needed to complete assigned responsibilities.
- Normal, routine levels of bending, climbing, reaching, sitting, standing, and walking.