Technology Support Program Lead
Reports to: Educational Technology Services Coordinator
Date: June 2013
Leads, coordinates and facilitates activities of Technology Support team and oversees day-to-day operations of Technology Support program. Initiates/supervises projects and performs tasks to ensure reliable and efficient use of technology resources for AEA and LEA clients.
- Two years media and/or computer technician degree or equivalent technical support experience.
- Five years professional experience in the area of technology.
- Advanced skills operating Windows and Macintosh software.
- Analyzes and identifies technology needs of the Agency and staff and leads, directs and coordinates projects, provides follow-up, and sets priorities and procedures for accomplishing identified needs.
- Delegates tasks to other team members and monitors projects for quality implementation.
- Actively seeks methods and means to facilitate the technology efforts of staff to ensure individual and program needs are met.
- Coordinates technology support procedures to ensure timely solutions to technology problems/issues.
- Advises and trains staff in the efficient and effective use of technology software/hardware.
- Evaluates technology support services and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Researches technology options, coordinates purchasing of new technology equipment and facilitates configuration of acquired technology resourcesWorks with supervisor and Technology Team on scheduling for district support.
- Consults and recommends software/hardware to be supported by the Agency. Follows up with business records, inventory, and training accordingly.
- Troubleshoots problems with Agency-supported software/hardware and manages service calls as needed.
- Participates in projects, committees or activities to support the Agency’s mission, goals and priorities.
- Demonstrates self-discipline and initiative to produce high-quality, organized and dependable results.
- Maintains knowledge of progressive and innovative technology resources.
- Pursues professional growth opportunities and relationships to keep current with and influence technology services.
- Develops, maintains and processes records and documentation in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance and assists in the planning, development and implementation of staff development technology activities.
- Manages inventory of all computers and software owned by the Agency.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with others and/or independently as appropriate.
- Advanced technical knowledge of networking, PC and Macintosh computers and related hardware and software.
- Ability to develop work systems with minimum supervision.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and respond to the changing needs of clients and the Agency.
- Ability to apply and integrate technical knowledge, techniques and expertise into an effective style of customer service.
- Ability to organize, interpret and use data to make sound decisions.
- Ability to lead, prioritize, coordinate multiple tasks, and collaboratively problem solve with individuals, groups and teams.
- Ability to develop long-range and short-range plans and manage projects collaboratively
- Effective in identifying and solving problems related to technology.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, write reports and correspondence, and apply appropriate mathematical concepts.
- Ability to travel between client sites served.
- Normal, routine levels of activity related to bending, carrying, climbing, hearing, lifting, reaching, sitting, standing, vision and walking, and may also involve above-average levels of activity at times that can’t always be anticipated.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to operate all equipment needed to complete assigned responsibilities.