|Reports to: Program Supervisor
||Classification: Classified, I
Provides efficient transportation and delivery of instructional, administrative and miscellaneous materials to schools and/or other client locations.
- High school graduate
- Valid Iowa driver's license, acceptable driving record.
- Delivers and picks up materials from client locations.
- Maintains the time schedule set mutually by the van driver and supervisor.
- Maintains all records associated with the delivery of materials.
- Maintains the external and internal appearance of van.
- Monitors performance, body integrity, tire wear and fluid levels of
- Monitors and informs supervisor of manufacturer suggested maintenance
required on van.
- Drives in accordance with established traffic laws.
- Develops and maintains proper and adequate records and documentation
in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Participates in projects, committees or activities to support the mission
of the program, unit and Agency.
- Participates in staff development and professional growth activities.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to staff and public.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to process, categorize and file information and forms in accordance
with Agency procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write reports and correspondence,
and apply appropriate mathematical concepts.
- Normal, routine levels of bending, climbing, reaching, sitting, standing,
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to operate all equipment needed
to complete responsibilities.